Thursday, April 30, 2009

Psychos

So, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned on here that my boss is a psycho. And I mean that. Well, maybe not a psycho - but he at least has severe bipolar disorder. I've learned to deal with it. He has good days -- where I am his best friend, and bad days -- where I am the biggest moron ever. He also has days where he just hides in his office and ignores the world. Like I said, I am handling it pretty well. I think it's because I learned how to deal with this stuff by learning how to deal with my father. Living with someone like that, I trained myself to expect the worst, but not take it personally. I learned that there were some days when I could do nothing right, and to just do as I always did and not give a fuck what my father thought. Applying that to my boss is easier than to someone you have to live with -- ya know? Once I learned that he was irrational, I just turned it on. My secretary though, she is NOT good at dealing with him. He can be so mean on his bad days and she takes it so personally. I'm really thinking she may quit soon. You can see that it's taking a physical toll on her.

What bothers me is how people can go their whole lives without getting treatment for something this severe, and still be successful. Many associates and secretaries have threatened to quit rather than work for my boss, everyone knows about his "moods", but there are no consequences. I realize that it's not something he can control without meds, but he NEEDS meds, and people just putting up with his behavior doesn't help anyone. I've told him that I think he needs to see someone, but I don't think he took me seriously.

I just hope he does something responsible before we lose our secretary, or before she loses her mind!!

No comments: