Monday, June 20, 2005

Growing Up

Well, I don't have anything too intelligent to talk about...mostly because I am just so tired! I did have a very good weekend tho! Tiffany FINALLY came back from her vacation so we had some good bonding time: eating, shopping, and walking...my 3 favorite things! And I am going to dinner this week with my friend Jessica & then this coming weekend my sister graduates from high school! That is hard to believe.

It seems so strange to think that she is the same person that used to be a toddler who needed me to carry her over the single step into the family room. It's weird because I watched her grow up, but it still seems like someone came and took the baby away and left this teenager in her place. I mean, she doesn't remember the things the baby and I did, and she looks so different, and sounds so different, and it's just so strange. I am really proud of her though. My sister has had an extremely hard life. I know that I was a big reason why it was so hard, and I feel bad about that. But I hope that now I can make up for that by making the rest of her life easier. That is the reason this job is so important to me, because I know what all that money could do for both of us.

Anyway, so I will be back in my hometown this weekend. Only for 2 days so I have to pack everybody in and see as many of my friends as I can. There are a few people I am hoping to see that I haven't seen in many years, and a new baby for me to meet too! There is also a lot of good food for me to eat while I am there!

Yesterday was Father's Day and since my father and I are now officially "estranged" I bought myself a father's day gift: an iPod mini. Yes, I was a very good father this year! LOL I am particularly excited to have it for the plane ride home, and its great for the car (now that I figured out how to do that!). I really do think they are worth the money. Really a discman is impossible to workout with, walkmans are relics, and headsets that only get radio suck because they never have good reception. This way I can listen to what I like, when I want and its really easy to carry around. Plus I can leave my CDs at home now, where they are safe. If you think about it, 100 CDs are worth at least $1000, and if they are stolen (which ahs happened to me), you are screwed. If my iPod gets lost or stolen, I'm only out $250...and I'm sure they are only going to get cheaper. So, I have loaded my state-of-the-art iPod with music from the 80s and I am happy as a clam! (assuming clams are happy, which we really have no proof of...)

Anyway, so that's a little slice of me today. As always, I will try to be more interesting tomorrow!! Goodnite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, to be young again. Then again, that would mean having to do all those younger things -- and I simply refuse! *grin*

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about this iPod mini! You need to dedicate a post to your iPod b/c everyone i know that has one is totally obsessed with it! I want a pink one! What color is yours???