Thursday, July 09, 2009

If anyone is still out there...

I know I haven't been very good about blogging lately, mostly because I don't have much to say that is very interesting. But, a lot has happened these last couple of weeks, so if you are out there - here it goes!!

My best friend got married last week. The wedding was wonderful and I had a lot of fun with her and all of our friends. I didn't cry until I had to say goodbye at the end of the reception. It all went really well.

I was in Buffalo for a whole week before the wedding, which meant quality time with mom, sis, and schmoe - all of which was wonderful. K joined me up there for most of the visit, which was nice. And at the end of the week, K's oldest brother came into town too and we got to spend time with him.

Unfortunately, some really shitty stuff happened too. First, K was moving his truck about 5 miles - from an abandoned parking lot to his drop-yard - when he got pulled over for a DOT inspection. It was INSANE. My sister and I were there, because we were gonna drive him home after he dropped off his truck. The inspection took TWO HOURS and then they gave him a ticket because he didn't write "off duty" in his log book. It's considered a misdemeanor!!! Can you fucking believe that?? So now he has to go back to Buffalo and go to court!! Fucking insane. So, he was pretty upset about that because he doesn't know if he will lose his job over it.

Then, on sunday (the 5th), I flew home and K stayed up there to go fishing with his brothers. I was almost back to my apartment when K called to say that he was on his way to the emergency room because he thinks he broke his finger! He said he never saw a finger swell up so fast in his life, so he was pretty concerned. About 4 hours later he called to say it was just a severe sprain - but it still sucks.

I went back to work on monday where I had a fight with the head of my department which has convinced me that I need a new job. This guy is such a jackass and this is the 2nd time (that I know of) when he has blatantly lied about me to other partners. I don't think I will lose my job before the end of the year, but I've started looking for something new. I've contacted 3 recruiting firms and applied to the IRS for an attorney position, so we'll see what happens.

But the BIGGEST thing that happened this week was this morning - I got into a car accident. I was stopped at a red light and a girl slammed into the back of me. My car isn't too bad, but I have whiplash which REALLY hurts. So, I took this afternoon off and I probably won't go in tomorrow either - maybe in the afternoon depending on how I feel. Luckily, K is supposed to be in town tonight, so at least I won't be alone. Unfortunately though, he just got stopped AGAIN for another DOT inspection. Hopefully no tickets this time though.

So, anyway, it's been a rough couple of weeks. If anyone wants to send me chocolate, I wouldn't object...

;-)

No comments: