Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Kanye West

So, apparently Kanye West said, on NBC, something along the lines of "Bush doesn't care about black people." Then, a DJ on a local radio station quoted him and got a whole bunch of hate mail because people thought she said it. Well, Kanye, I am here to serve, so I thought I would help a brother out!! I understand why he said what he did, but I think it's fair to say the Bush actually loves black people...let me count the ways.

1. Bush, and his daddy, love the way that black people like Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, and Clarence Thomas will spit on their entire race to go sit on Bush's lap like a hood ornament so that he looks like minority lovin' free spirit.

2. Bush loves the way he can send military recruiters to the Walmart parking lot and black teens will be sucked in by their charms (along with promises of steady income and a free college education), and he loves the way those same black teens look in fatigues when he sends them off to war in "Operation Human Shield." He also loves the way the media ignores the families of the black soldiers who don't ever come home.

3. Bush loves the strength of the black people, that enables them to carry his golf clubs while he is on vacation for 1/5 of his time in office.

4. Bush loves black people for their apathy and the way that they are so easily persuaded to stay home on election days.

5. Bush loves the way black people used to sell him drugs and not tell anyone about it, in exchange for money and protection from his daddy.

If anyone out there can think of things to add to the list, please join in!! We want Kanye to know the facts, and Bush to know that there are people out here who truly understand him.

7 comments:

Mr. Parson said...

I know that you and I are pretty much on the opposite sides of the fence when it comes to politics, and that we are never going to change each others minds. With that said, I'm dropping my 1.5 cents in. The media is ignoring all military families, except one, who set up camp in Texas. Black or White, we are all getting left behind because of America's A.D.D., which it's had since the times of old.

CJ said...

Well, I don't agree that the media has been ignoring other families...the woman protesting in Texas has simply done more to attract a spotlight. But regardless, it's not the media's job to pay attention to military families or treat all people equally, but that IS the government's job. I know that my buddy Max Cleland has been struggling for years to get help for all military members, and he has done a great job, but this administration has completely ignored him. I know that VA Hospitals are in horrible conditions and that military families are on foodstamps, and I know that military recruiters target poor black kids on purpose. I know that all of that needs to change. I know you think I don't know much about the military, but don't forget my mom works at a VA Hospital, and Max taught me a lot in the last year, so I know more now than ever...and none of it looks good to me. And that's not because I hate soldiers, it's because I think you all are getting a raw deal, and many of the victims are just kids. But really, this is a whole other blog entry!! :-)

Jax Peach said...

The military targets black kids because it IS a good way to get a college education, which they otherwise might not be able to afford. Much the same way the lottery tax is a "dumb" tax on poor people so that bright kids (of all colors) can afford to go to college if they can maintain a B average. Not such bad ideas, those. IMHO.

Loved your entry. Made me laugh. Hood ornaments. Heh.

CJ said...

I know the justifications for targetting black kids, but I think they get sold a bill of goods. There should be better ways to get an education in this country than putting your life on the line. Like that girl who was a POW early in the war (I think Jessica Lynch was her name), she only joined because she couldn't afford college. She had to get kidnapped, beaten, and raped to get a free education (which they did give her when she came back). I have to say, I'd rather work at McDonald's.

CJ said...

Jax!! I just realized where I know your ID from...from Yellow Peril!! Do you go to school with Ann? Or do you live in FL (as the name suggests)?? I just love when all the parts of my brain start working together as a team!

Jax Peach said...

I went to college with Ann. I live in Florida. How do YOU know Ann? My brain is not working together as a team :-)

CJ said...

We worked together this past summer in Atlanta. There is NO way you could have figured this out on your own, regardless of how well your brain was working! LOL I comment on her page as Mandi rather than CJ anyway, because I am a riddle wrapped in an enigma!