Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ouch!!

Well, it's almost time for the Breast Cancer 3-Day! Only a month left. This weekend Tiffany and I walked 21.75 miles! That's the most we have ever walked in a weekend...but only 1/3 of what we will have to do for the event! I have to say, we were really proud of ourselves though. We both had pretty bad colds this week, and really had to push ourselves to get out there and walk. But we did it!

I have about 7 blisters and my quads hurt a bit, but really I am fine...and just so full of pride. I keep trying to remind myself how small this pain is compared to the chemo and radiation that my mom's friends have had to go through. It does help, but sometimes it's hard to destract myself!

We still have fundraising left to do though. I need $580 more dollars to meet the minimum requirement. So, if anyone reading this can spare any money to help fight breast cancer, please donate! Again, my website is www.tinyurl.com/5gaks If I don't raise the $2100, I will pay the difference myself so that I'm allowed to walk...but I don't exactly have an extra $500 laying around the house! Thanks to those of you who have already donated! Don't forget to tell your friends and family (especially the rich ones! LOL)!

This whole thing is a bit scary. Neither of us are sure we can make it...but I know we will push ourselves as hard as we can. And I know we will be incredibly proud when it is all over. And then I know, I will probably never do this again!!!! LOL Tiffany has talked about joining the 3-Day crew in the future (setting up the tent cities and pit stops, etc.) but I think I will probably just donate from now on! She will always be the most adventurous of the adventure monkeys!

No comments: