Sunday, October 23, 2005

Catching Up

I always think of things to write about while I'm driving or working out or in the shower, and then I forget them by the time I am here at my computer! How annoying is that? Well, I spent the whole weekend catching up on my regular life, after a very busy week. Laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping, getting an oil change, and homework. Of course, while doing all that I was watching all the shows I had taped during the week! But, even with all that going on, it was a pretty restful weekend. I got to sleep late & go to bed early, and there was relatively little drama.

I just watched a Daily Show episode that I taped last week, with "special guest" Bill O'Reilly. Honestly, I have NEVER watched the O'Reilly factor and I know relatively little about the man, but I knew enough to figure out that he & John Stewart would not so much get a long, so that is why I taped it! When John Stewart announced the book "The O'Reilly Factor for Kids" I thought he was kidding...he wasn't. Then, when O'Reilly continually bashed Stephen Colbert as "the french guy," I thought he was kidding...he was not. O'Reilly actually referred to France as "The Enemy" and accused John Stewart of making fun of the victims of hurricane Katrina. It was absolutely absurd. I really thought it was all a joke, but again, it was NOT! I wonder how the man can actually be serious, but he was.

I guess I am small minded, but so often I am shocked when I discover that things I thought were fact are still being debated. It was about 4 years ago when I first heard someone say "I don't believe in evolution." I didn't know it was an option, but apparently it is. In fact, the CBS Sunday Morning Show said today that "evolution has never been popular in America." Wow. Apparently, I've been lively under a very large, but hopefully brigtly colored, rock for my entire life.

I am going to see "Spamalot" this Saturday, on Broadway. I wonder how many people in this country think that Monty Python & the Holy Grail is a documentary of medieval England. Although, chances are it is more accurate than the history books being used in most American classrooms. That is , of course, if Americans even believe in "England."

2 comments:

Jax Peach said...

"I didn't know it was an option but apparently it is." I just sprayed diet coke on my monitor. LOL!

I WANT TO SEE SPAMALOT SO BAD!! We are probably going to NYC this holiday season, and I asked the bf yesterday could we please see a show? I know he'll come through, and I HOPE HE CHOOSES THIS ONE.

CJ said...

Haha!! I love it! You should definitely go to Spamalot! And sing a long!!