Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mini Random Updates

Well, let's see...what has been up? I spent 5 days in Charlotte...that was a pretty good time. I spent an afternoon with Amy, K and I looked at some houses and watched some good movies. Nothing too special, but it was a nice visit. We are doing well, and I am pretty content.

I got salmonella poisoning from peter pan peanut butter. Yuck. Luckily that was before I went to Charlotte.

Things at work are pretty fantastic. I am all caught up again, so I'm bringing my book to work tomorrow. One of my favorite opinions got published in FL Law Weekly, so that rocks my socks. We have a really neat trial coming up the 1st week of March, unfortunately I have to miss the 2nd day of it for a CLE program, but whatev...I'm still looking forward to it. My Judge is still mad proud of me, and totally disappointed in my co-clerk, so that kicks ass.

Britney Spears is bald. This is disturbing to me, particularly because I have yet to see video of her actually doing it - altho I heard that she ran into a salon, grabbed a razor & did it herself. So, I'm thinking PCP? Good lord. Let me tell you, your life is really sad when K-Fed makes a better parent than you. I wonder what JT thinks of all this....

All of the white girls on American Idol this season suck. They should just go home now & save us a few weeks of agony.

I met this guy on the plane who was from Africa. He was hella friendly and talked my ear off the whole way...I was kind of annoyed cuz all I wanted to do was read my book. But he was really nice & interesting, so it wasn't so bad. He is in Orlando on business for a few months and exchanged email addresses with me. He sent me an email right away and told me how beautiful & unforgettable I was. This made me nervous. He's married and I told him I was engaged, and I may just be paranoid, but I dunno. I am trying to decide if I should write him back or not. On the one hand, he was so nice and I feel bad brushing him off...especially because he is alone in Orlando and could probably use someone to eat dinner with once in a while, plus he lives in Charlotte, has a bit of money, and is a computer guy - so he may be a good connection to have. But on the other hand, I am afraid of inviting this random stranger into my life in any way, especially when I get this kinda creepy vibe off it all, and I worry that K would be suspicious. I mean, I know K trusts me, and I would totally keep him in the loop - but I can understand why it would make him uncomfortable. I thought about just emailing this guy, with a BCC to K, and straight up saying I dont mind being your friend and hangin' out, but nothing more. But then I feel bad about being so egotistical and coming off all defensive. I dunno, I will probably chicken out and not respond at all.

In case I haven't said this yet - the new album by Chris Daughtry is fucking amazing. You should all go buy it. And you should think of me while you listen to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all better from your run in with the peanut butter! Eeks! Sorry that I have not posted anything new yet. I am horrible and lazy and boring. Super creepy guy on the plane! Married men should not be telling other women that they are beautiful and unforgettable--even when it is true!