Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day

So, it's Valentine's Day. I am flying up to spend the weekend with K tonight. We aren't doing anything special today cuz I will be pretty tired from flying & work, but he says he wants to take me out to dinner at some point this weekend. It's funny, the only Valentine's day I have any real memory of is 1999, that was the year BM took me to a drag show on V-Day to show me how much he really loved me. (This was about a month after I got out of the hospital, so he was feeling very sentimental.) That was actually a fantastic night. The show was great, the club was packed, and he was so sweet. It was truly something he did only for me, ya know? But in all the years that I've had boyfriends, I don't remember ever having a special V-Day. I know Z's birthday was 2 days before V-Day, so we probably did a joint celebration when we were together. I do remember this one guy I dated in High School, V, gave me a necklace, but I broke up with him the next day & gave it back. I also remember that the V-Day after Adam & I broke up he got his new g/f a teddy bear & some flowers and I was pissed....but I don't remember what I did or got that year! Funny, huh? So, if K does get me something or do something special, it won't be hard to shine against a past I don't remember! LOL

The only bad news is that I haven't been feeling well this week. I think I may have an ulcer, or at least my acid reflux is back. Yuck. I suppose it's no surprise with all the recent stress. But I hate the idea of having ANOTHER pill to take! When I was packing last night, I had to pack 6 Rx bottles! Not to mention the OTC stuff I take: advil. sudafed, etc. K makes fun of me for pill-popping, but it's true! It's like I'm an AIDS patient for christ's sake! But, I guess once you have 6 Rxs, one more won't matter, right? Right. So, when I get back I will call my doc, hopefully she will put me back on prevacid without an appt, so I don't have to miss more work. Also, hopefully I will feel better tomorrow so I can eat normally while I am with K.

Anyway, Happy V-Day everyone!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mr. Parson said...

I wonder if she remembers what I gave her for V-Day...By the way, I was pissed too, we broke up not too long after my "sweet moment". Maybe that's why I don't do sweet like I used to. Every time I've done sweet, I got sour for a return gift.