Monday, August 25, 2008

My Last Week

Today was the 1st day of my last week at this job. I went in for 90 minutes and took the rest of the day off. Nice. I spent the day packing, so I made up for my weekend of excessive napping - kinda. I threw out a lot of stuff and donated a bunch to goodwill (18 pairs of shoes, 18 shirts and 3 each of pants, skirts and shorts). I have a bunch of VHS tapes to get rid of too. Do you think Goodwill even takes those? It's getting pretty difficult to find VCRs these days. Hard to believe.

I've been going through a lot of old stuff and I have determined that I need a few big photo albums. I have pictures going back like 15 years, and I should really organize them. Maybe that is what I will do with my month off...in addition to working out and tanning!! I intend to be sexy when I start my new job...they take pix and put them on their website, ya know!! That is a good incentive. At least, I hope it will be! I am throwing out a LOT of stuff, which is good. I feel like un-encumbering myself. I think that I am secure enough in my life that I can start getting rid of junk from my past that has accumulated over the years.

So, Friday is my last day, and then on Sunday I am going to Georgia for a Monkey Reunion!!! I am so excited! Only 4 out of 5 of us will be there, but still this is our first time together in 2 years! I can't wait! I'm glad to have something to look forward to this weekend, it will make the week less sad.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

We have a whole drawer full of VHS tapes, but we also have a VCR/DVD player for our upstairs tv. Woohoo! You could probably freecycle them, if Goodwill wouldn't accept them.

I can't wait to see you!