Friday, October 17, 2008

The Election is Ruining My Life

So, I am so freakin' stressed about this election. But it's not the impending results that are ruining my life - it's the debates. All day monday, tuesday AND wednesday I was looking forward to a new episode of Bones. But ya know what?? It wasn't on! The freakin' debate was on instead! Ugh. So, I absolutely refused to watch the debate out of protest. Except that there was NOTHING else on!! So, I was forced to watch the damn thing. But, it ended up being beneficial, because I learned from John McCain that Colombia is our best ally in the western hemisphere. I had no idea!! I also got to see John McCain put air quotes around "health of the mother", which was awesome. Oh, and of course I got to learn about "Joe the Plumber", perhaps the most important man in the country. So watching the debate actually vastly improved my knowledge base. Unfortunately, it also gave me wrinkles. Yep, that's right. I woke up the next day and discovered wrinkles under my eyes. So, as you can see, the election is clearly ruining my life.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It was actually the best debate of the 3, I thought, so at least you weren't forced to watch one of the suckier ones. Have you seen the screen capture of McCain the lizard man from that debate? Bwhahaha. I will laugh forever because of it.

CJ said...

Yeah, I think it was the best debate too. I watched the 1st one and most of the 2nd one.