Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Turmoil

What a crazy week!!! I have so many stories to tell I hardly know where to begin! Well, we'll start with last Wednesday. I was feeling kinda icky, and my boss was out sick, so I decided to leave work early. BAD idea!!! 3 lawyers called me with "emergency" projects. Grrr. Then K got to town and I went to have dinner with him. That was okay, but wednesday night I was exhausted. Thursday morning I get to work and I am feeling better and things are not bad. K and I have a not too bad night at home together. Friday night we had a party to go to at the house of one of the partners at my firm. Friday afternoon I find out I will be working over the weekend because I need to get a complaint, motion for preliminary injunction and a bunch of other crap done by tuesday morning. Fantastic.

So Friday night K and I go to the party. Boring, but nice. K and my boss (CB) got along VERY well. But apparently K was upset that everyone introduced him as my "boyfriend". So saturday he decides we should go look at engagement rings. Um, yeah. So THAT was interesting. First we went to Jared where I picked out 2 that I really liked. The settings were $700 and $800 and the diamond they showed us was $3100...a bit expensive for both our tastes. Then we went to a place in the mail and found a ring (diamond and all) for $1400 that I liked, but we decided to keep looking around because we just started. That night K applied for a zales card but got turned down...so that made him sad. Anyway, we will keep looking.

Saturday afternoon we decided that I should start shopping for a new car too. We started at hyundai and I test-drove a Tuscon. I liked it, but again, we decided to keep looking. So on the way home we drove past a chevy dealer, it was closed but they had malibus and impalas on sale. So sunday morning we go back. We spend all day sunday between 2 chevy dealerships looking at malibus. Each dealer telling us the other dealer was lying to us. By sunday night I decided to settle on a black malibu lt with a sunroof. So Monday I start doing the financing crap. I apply for a BOA auto loan, and a GMAC loan. After wasting ALL day trying to get the figures on the GMAC loan I find out it is a total ripoff and I am better off with the BOA loan. The guy at GM tells me that BOA is lying to me about my payments, but he is an ass. Of course, by then, BOA is closed. So I tell them I will have to get back to them on tuesday. And THEN, you won't believe this, they tell me to sign the papers monday night - get the ripoff loan through GMAC - and then come back the next day and pay it off with my BOA loan. Um, no, I don't think so bitch. On my way home, talking to my mom, I decided that I hate these people. This dealership blows and I am not giving them my 20 grand. Ever. So never mind on that car.

Meanwhile, I got no work done over the weekend (shocking) but that's okay because on monday our client is back negotiating a settlement again. So now there is no rush on the complaint. Of course, yesterday, settlement falls through again and the rush is back on. So I had to get everything done before today when I am getting on a plane to go to chicago for my firm-wide new associate orientation. 36 hrs in the windy city in October. Great times.

So, here I am, at the airport, waiting for my flight to board. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I'll be back home around midnight tomorrow. This weekend I may go back to hyundai, and maybe honda and toyota. I tried my best to buy american, but once again GM shows why it is going out of business. Really what amazed me most is how blatantly they kept saying that other people were lying to me. It's really unattractive. Ya know? Anyway...so those are my updates. Looking at diamonds and new cars in one weekend is really stressful. I think I got a new ulcer. At least K made the weekend sex-free so the stress was somewhat lessened. But still, I could use about a 48 hour nap. So maybe I won't be car shopping this weekend!! ;-)

1 comment:

TheRealDookie said...

That's crazy! I remember when I was car shopping a few years back, the GM dealers were by far the nicest and most honest, but I just didnt like any of their models. I'm surprised to see it has switched now. I guess they have gotten a lot more high-pressure with the current state of the auto market. You might have better luck going to a smaller city which is overrun with domestic car dealerships. Sometimes they are desperate to make a sale.