Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My "New Crowd"

So I went to lunch on tuesday with all the female attorneys in my office. We went to a sushi place, and I am not a sushi person but luckily they had "regular" asian food, so I was good. AND I actually did try a piece of a Florida Roll which was good. Anyway, let's get to the important part: the people. There were 8 of us:

Me, clearly the awesomest of all.
Laura, Christina and Angela, decently cool, funny and nice ladies.
Cheryl, who is nerdy & awkward but VERY nice. Like fall over yourself nice.
Then, there were "the blondes", who don't need individual names (particularly since 2 out of 3 of them are named stephanie). So, these girls are incredible snobs. I mean, I was just shocked. I rode with them to the lunch (not knowing that they were snobs) and the whole car ride was about their extravagant lives and how they were too good for things like Walmart or Home Depot. It was just absurd. One of them made a comment about how Walmart makes her sick because of all the white trash and I wanted to say "are you sick right now? because I'm in the car." But, because this is a new job and a new crowd, I just shut up. 

So, anyway, the verdict is that this crowd is not nearly as fun as my old crowd. But, there are a few nice girls that I can see myself going to lunch or dinner with. I'm just going to have to make a REAL effort to meet people outside of my office. I must devise a plan for this. Maybe I should try to meet people at Walmart.

No comments: