Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Brain Damage

Well, apparently, although my body is willing to keep on going, my brain has maxed out at age 25 years, 8 months, and 2 days. It's untimely demise occurred around 4:30pm this afternoon as I was leaving school with my friend N.

N was walking with me to my car so that I could give her some notes she wanted to borrow. As we approached the parking deck I realized that I had NO clue where I left my car a short 3 hours ago.

Now, I don't mean that I had a vague idea of where my car was but not sure of the exact space. I had NO CLUE what floor I had even parked on! Literally zero memory of driving into the deck, parking Nemo, getting out, gathering my things, and walking to class! This has never happened to me before!

I figured that it was either on level A or B. I almost always park on one of those levels, and when I don't I usually get pissed that I can't find a spot & I never forget that. So, we glanced around both A & B, and then gave up. Since N knew where her car was (since she is not a complete moron!) we went to her car and decided to seach....yes, we were literally "Finding Nemo"!!

Well, we found Nemo, on level C. Now, what is REALLY funny about this is that level C is the main entrance to the deck, where most people walk into it from the street. But not me, not today! Nope, I had dragged N down the hill to level B and began searching there! Had we come in the normal way, we would likely have seen Nemo, a mere 4 spots from the entrance!!! Yep, I'm an idiot.

Luckily, N is an extremely nice and patient person, so I don't think I completely alienated her at this point...altho I would not be surprised if she never follows me anywhere again! Oh yeah, and did I mention that N had met me last Friday to pick up this same exact binder, only to discover once we got to my car that I had brought the wrong binder!?!?! Yeah, so right now she is wondering how I made it thru pre-school, much less law school! Ironically, I said to N "I hope you don't have a blog to write about this little odyssey on!" (she does not) and here I am, writing about it on my own blog! I guess that's where the expression "We are our own worst enemies" comes from!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LOST NEMO! lol happens to me all the time! I try to always park in the same spot!