Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Exam time! No, really, I'm not kidding. I guess it proves how much of a recluse (and nerd) I really am, but oh well! I really do love this time of year, especially fall exams.

It's kinda chilly outside, so I get to spend two weeks, cuddled on my couch with my laptop and a few books, and just study. I don't have to go anywhere or get dressed up. I get to spend time cooking, so I always eat really well. Plus, there is the constant marathon of "comfort movies" playing in the background. (Ex: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, What About Bob?, A Few Good Men, Where the Heart Is, etc.) It's just a very cozy, peaceful time.

And I like studying & making outlines. It's as if I spent all semester gathering tiny pieces to a giant puzzle, and I spend these two weeks putting it all together. And when it is done, it's magnificent! A perfect picture of the things I have learned and the ways I have changed in the last 3 months or so, and a little path to the next semester, where everything will be new and fresh and I will start all over again. It's all very satisfying.

Of course, the solitude would be maddening if it lasted two weeks straight, because I am quite the talker. So the actual exams are functional as well. A few hours to get out and be around people and the occasional lunch downtown after an exam where everyone tries and fails to talk about everything BUT the exam.

Of course, my happy little hibernation won't actually begin for a week. I still have 2 days of classes, and then a few days at my mother's house for thanksgiving. But, I am getting a head start this weekend, since I have no homework left to do. So, off I go, to my cozy spot on the couch! I think I may watch Ghostbusters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you think i'm crazy?