Thursday, April 06, 2006

Family Matters

Many of you know that my cousins are in a band, and that I can't stand them. My sister just told me about an interview my cousin did for a british magazine. What a loser!

Apparently his lyrics are all about drinking, fighting, and having sex with hookers. So he started the interview by claiming that he has only had sex with 5 girls and they were all his girlfriends. Well, I counted, he hasn't had 5 girlfriends. And the only reason he says that is because to admit to more sex than that would be admitting he cheated on one of those (three) girlfriends. But I mean, really, who the hell lies and says they've had less sex than they's had? Just shut up about it! Nobody really cares anyway. But that's not what made me mad. I don't care that he talks about sex or drugs or booze or fighting...he's a fucking loser and an addict, and he has a weak character, but we all know that anyway.

What really bothered me was him talking about his sister. She is 21 and is SEVERELY handicapped. She can't feed herself, talk, walk, or even hold her head up really. So he is talking about her and the fact that she has a computer which will speak for her at the push of a button and he says that her favorite button to push is the one that says his name "So I know that she is proud of what we're doing." WTF???? Yeah, I'm sure that's what it means. Assuming she knows what you are doing (touring the world & screaming into a microphone about drugs, booze, fighting, and hookers) why would she be proud??? Have u done anything even remotely humanitarian in the last ten years? Are you donating money to medical research or promoting awareness of her illness? Are you doing good political work or fighting for the rights of the repressed? Are you helping the poor? The sick? Children? ANYBODY????? Are you even making money to take care of your sister? Saving up so that when your parents die she will be taken care of? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I really wonder if he is so delusional and so full of himself that he actually thinks he is doing good things for this world. I'm not saying that everyone who works in a non-humanitarian field is a waste of skin...of course not. But he could be in a band & still do some kind of charitable work. And I am ashamed to see that he has a platform to speak to people & he is totally wasting it. His father was kicked out of NHS for wearing a flag on his ass in the sixties - he was a protestor, an activist. Grow the fuck up. You are 26 years old. This world needs activists & volunteers. Almost all the rest of the cousins do at least some kind of public service on a regular basis. But the two brothers who have an actual platform use it to talk about drugs & hookers. I am disgusted to be related to them.

No comments: