Saturday, June 10, 2006

Serenity Now

Why is nothing ever easy? Lets see...

7am: K sends me a text message & scares the crap out of me. It says "i love u." Aw, how sweet...I go back to bed.

9am: I wake up feeling good. My voice is back, mostly, and I can kinda hear out of my left ear. Good. I make breakfast. I had been craving french toast & strawberries, but alas, no milk. So, egg, toast & pineapple it is. Fine.

10am: I check my email. My phone bill is ready, so I click on it. It's $436!!!!!!! Wow. My ulcer expands slightly, and I print out the 32 page detailed bill.

11am: K calls & I tell him about the phone bill. He offers to pay it. I argue with him for 20 minutes & then he gives me his credit card number. I love him. ;-) I go to the gym.

1pm: Fed Ex guy comes to the door. My dad sent me a pot. An 11 quart pot. Apparently he thinks I am hosting a spaghetti dinner for the troops?? I run to Walmart to pick up my pictures and get milk!

2pm: I decide to try to fix my car. The horn doesnt work & the airbag light is on so we figure its a loose wire in the steering wheel. But, because I am worried about the airbag going off while I'm doing it I think I should disconnect the battery. This turns out to be quite difficult, so I give up and call my dad.

3pm: Dad calls back...thanks for the pot, I'll smoke it later...dont smoke it all at once....no I'll save most of it for days I have class.... He tells me not to disconnect the battery, just take off the steering wheel and then call him. So, I try. But the "screws" are not screws in that a screwdriver doesn't work. I need a rachet & socket. 3/8 is too small. 7/16 is too big. My dad doesnt answer when I call him FOUR TIMES! He finally calls me back and says I need a metric, probably a 10. I tell him I will go buy one. He argues with me for 10 minutes that I have one. He is wrong (duh). I leave to go to the store.

4pm: On my way to AutoZone I call K but he has no reception. Then my phone says "Car Kit" for no reason. I try to answer it when he calls back, but I cant. I try to take it off "Car Kit" but I can't. I storm into Circuit City where they tell me that my phone needs "serious help" and I have to see a technician at a store about 10 miles away. The tech is there until 6pm. It is now

4:30pm: I go home, call K & my dad from the landline to tell them what was going on. I drive to the store where they say "Nope, no technician on duty today." I fight back tears & tell them the whole story. The AWESOMEST Hindu in the WORLD named Sachin helps me out and gives my a BRAND NEW phone!!!! I love him now.

5:30pm: I go to AutoZone & buy the damn socket (actually I bough 10 of them in a set). I take the steering wheel off & alas, NONE of the wires are loose!!!!! ARGH!!! Do u have any idea how frustrating it is to drive w/o a horn??? I swear I waste an hour a day behind people who dont know the light is green!!! So now I have to wait till after I get back from Charlotte to get it fixed (cuzz my warranty won't start up until then). GRRRRRR!!!

7pm: I am disgusting from sweating like a hog all day, but I decide I deserve a treat and go to Panera. I also smoked a ciggarette and drank a coke. Hey, I deserved it! My cell phone still doesnt work inside my apartment, so I ate dinner & talked to Alana on the phone in the car. I am still the white trash queen! LOL

9pm: I said goodnight to K & took a shower. I got NO homework done today & NO rest. Some way to spend my 1st day of feeling better!! I will probably be sick again tomorrow! Oh well, it's supposed to rain all week anyway. No Disney World this week! Maybe if the weather is good I will go to the beach next weekend. That will be free & relaxing. I need to bond with the ocean.

10:15pm: Goodnite!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You should get an airhorn and just blow that out your window!

CJ said...

HAHA!!!! Both K and BM suggested the EXACT same thing!!