Monday, June 19, 2006

So....um....yeah.

My mom & dad are officially getting divorce. This is a good thing.

My dad & I are not speaking again. This is also a good thing (especially since it happened right before Father's Day so I didn't have to deal with that shit!).

K and I seem to be doing well. I think I have appropriately communicated to him that I will not put up with anymore bullshit. I'm not the only one who is gonna make compromises in this relationship and I am not going to be afraid anymore. My life kicked ass without him in it, and if he makes this hard, he's gone. Since then, things have been perfect. No fighting, no fear. Just normal again. It's nice.

So, that means that I have sort of defined this for myself. I have always equated love with war and I thought maybe I had been wrong in the past. I wasn't. It's very much about strategy and not exposing too much to attack. I have decided exactly how much I can afford to lose, and I have set up those lines. There are certain things that I can expose and certain things I need to protect, and that is perfectly fine. Each of my friends has different parts of me, and to different extents, and this relationship will be measured in the same way. I can get what I want without giving up too much, and making sure I'm not the only one giving up.

So, it's not the most romantic view, I suppose. But, it's the truth. And I feel better. Things are all sort of where they should be. CJ's world is in balance. Isn't that nice?

No comments: