Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Trippin'

I swear, the people who organize grocery stores MUST be on mescaline. Yesterday, my mission was canned fruit (among other things). I looked down ALL the aisles, and NONE of the signs said "canned fruit" so I decided to use my powers of logic & deductive reasoning to accomplish my mission. So, 1st I thought, "Maybe with the canned vegetables." Nope. "Maybe with the dried fruit." Nope. At NO point did I think "Maybe with the cookies." but apparently, that is exactly what I should have been thinking! Even the cashier thought that was insane, so I felt better.

Meanwhile, at Super T@rget, they sell 3 brands of hummus. All 3 are kept in completely different sections of the store. One kind is with the cheese, near the deli. The 2nd brand is in the cooler near the refrigerated pickles. The 3rd brand is on the shelf in the ethnic foods aisle!! Good grief! Seriously people, all I'm asking for is a bit of continuity. Or a detailed map. Or even some of whatever drug you were on when you organized this, so that it will make sense to me too.

In other news...I drove about 700 miles this weekend. One night in Ft. Lauderdale with N and one night in Jacksonville with K. I had a great time, but I am SO tired! Luckily I have actual work to do today...which I should be getting back to. But in case anyone is keeping track, yes, that is 3 Sundays in a ROW that K has been here! We are getting a little spoiled. Unfortunately, it isn't likely to happen again. So for now, the plan is for me to go up there Columbus Day weekend. Most likely that will be the next time I see him: exactly 1 month from tomorrow. This could be good, he may be getting sick of me! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At Wegmans the canned fruit is with the canned vegetables. Wegmans = awesome.