Monday, January 22, 2007

The List Part 1

So, Tiffany gave me a link to this list of questions that couples should ask of each other before they get married. Pretty much, K and I have tackled them all at some point or another. See, most of those questions I know from Dr. Phil, so I've been tactfully working them into conversations for the last few months. It's easier than pulling out the list and going full force ahead with the commitment quiz, ya know? So....here are some of the things on the list!

1. Will we have kids? If so, who will be the primary caregiver? Well, we haven't decided on kids yet, and we both know that. He wants them, but he wants me more. I hate the idea of being pg but I recognize that my instincts may change, and I'm willing to consider it for him. Also, we are both on board with adoption - although he would want to adopt a new baby, and I would rather adopt an older child who isn't "marketable" anymore. He's agreed that we can do one of each if it comes to that. Most likely, he will be the primary caregiver, because of my job. But we are both willing to change it up if it makes financial sense.

2. Do we have a clear idea of each other's financial obligations and goals, and do our ideas about spending & saving mesh? Definitely. We spend our money a bit differently, but we are both bargain shoppers big time. We don't want a huge house, but decent size. I know he has to take care of his mom, and I'm okay with that. Plus, she gets her own money from his dad's pension, social security and other sources. So, his only obligation is a place for her to live, and that's fine.

3. How will the household be maintained & who will do the chores? Yes. I never cook for him, and we split the cleaning stuff. We each do our own laundry, and clean up the dishes together. He will probably do most of the vacuuming, because he is anal about that. As long as he's on the road, I will clean before he comes home & he will clean before he leaves - that's how we do it now & it works well.

4. Have we fully disclosed our mental & physical health histories? Yes, sometimes in too much detail!!! ;-)

5. Is my partner affectionate to the degree I expect? From my POV the answer is definitely yes. I know he wishes for more sex, but he is willing to work on this. So I think, for now, we both are getting what we expect, and both working on the future.

Yeah, so that's five for now...the top third. I feel pretty good about all of those things. There are ten more questions...they will be Parts II and III. This is more of an exercise for me, than anything else...I'm sure you are all sick of my relationship. But, I appreciate anyone who still stops by to read & check in! I promise to be more interesting soon!!! LOL

No comments: