Thursday, January 04, 2007

Switch.

So, here we are: 2007. I was looking back at my posts from last January...boy have things changed in a year!

I must say that I am pretty proud of myself though. Last January I said I wasn't making any resolutions, just a few plans. Two of those plans were to work out more & eat better. Both of those thing I accomplished! As most of you know, I started going to a nutritionist, and got my eating habits on track. By May, in time for graduation, I had reached my goal weight of 130. And, even though I've been slacking a bit since I started working in August, I am still only at 132, which I think is pretty good! In fact, when I went "home" for Xmas, my friends told me that I look like I did in high school. Now, I know that's a lie, because in high school I was under 120, but still it was nice to hear. I think a lot of it is because my hair is so long, and it hasn't been this way since then. Still, though, good things to hear.

The 3rd thing I wanted to do in 2006 was to spend as much time with my Monkeys as possible before I moved. I think I did a pretty good job with that one too! I know we all probably wish we had more time for adventures, but we did manage to fit in lots of lunches, and a few dinners! So, we did good. I wish they were here tho! I still miss them lots!

So, what do I want for 2007? I'm not sure. I feel like I should say "to get married by the end of the year" but I'm not really feelin' that right now. I mean, not that I don't want to marry K, just that if it doesn't happen this year, it's okay. In fact, if it doesn't happen ever, that is okay too. We talked about it when he was here, he said that we should wait until the end of the year. I said whatever, we'll see. There is so much going on! He also said he wants to build our house somewhere in Pineville, NC or some other town nearby (I think Ballentine?). That is okay with me. But I'm also not in a rush to leave O-town. I really love it here, so I'm not gonna push the marriage thing. If he wants me up there, we have to be married. But if we aren't married, I'm fine with the way things are now - finally.

So, I guess this year, all I want is to be happier. I'd like to make more "me" time and get back to some of the things I miss about myself. I need to make time to catch up on the news and world events, to read, and even just to watch TV again.

Second, I want to get a regular work-out schedule going, and re-start my food journal.

Third, I want to spend more time with my friends...either visiting them or on the phone. It seems that there are so many people to keep up with! So, I try to make regular contact with everyone but it's not easy.

Finally, by the end of the year I want to have an idea of what my next job will be. In September I will apply for appellate clerkships. If that doesn't work out then I will start talking to firms. My Judge offered to keep me on longer if I wanted to stay, but I don't think I do. I LOVE my job, more everyday...but this cannot be my career. First, it doesn't pay enough. Second, I want to be a trial attorney. And third, I don't want to be stuck here like the other career clerks. Sure they are happy, but they are just stunted. I want a chance to shine, ya know? So, if I can get an appellate clerkship - great. It will help me on my road to teaching one day. But if not, look out big-firm life! Here I come!

So, I guess that's all. I hope that by next year at this time my mom's divorce will be final, K will be working for a different company and loving it, my sister will have a fantastic internship under her belt, and I will have a plan for my future. I also hope that the pants I wore this weekend will still fit me! ;-)

Welcome to 2007 everyone! I hope we have a great year!

No comments: