Friday, February 13, 2009

Better Than Yesterday

So I am feeling better today than I did yesterday...still feeling some "survivor guilt" but trying to just focus on counting my lucky stars (and billable hours) and moving on. So, on a day of news about plane crashes, lay offs and other not so happy things, I give you some shallow random thoughts:

I almost immediately lose respect for couples who have joint email, facebook or myspace accounts. Particularly when they try to make it seem like they are one person. For example: jasonmariesmith@email.com. It's not cute or economical, it's just stupid. Stop it.

Have you seen that commercial where the girl lists all the things she is touching?? "Touch door, touch chair, touch up..." I always think it's a commercial for an anti-bacterial something, but it's not. It's a commercial for kleenex...which also reminds me to get anti-bacterial stuff so I don't get sick and need kleenex. I think Purel should slip Kleenex a tip for this commercial (unless, of course, they are actually made by the same company...then I'm just dumb).

DB sent valentine's chocolates to my neighbor. Luckily (?) they were re-routed to me. He sent some to my sister too. Because she is the "good daughter", he also sent her 2 Infinite-Dresses which are too small for her. When she told him they were too small he suggested she give them to me. I'm sure this was insulting to my sister in multiple ways, despite the fact that she has no desire to keep these dresses which she describes as "togas with hooks." Seriously, his weirdness never ends. I fully expect him to send her the Perfect Strap in the near future.

K's cousin M has a crazy wife. Not crazy like me, I mean REALLY crazy. Like, verging on black-widow crazy. A few weeks ago she threw M's keys in the snow because he stayed out late. He then had to stay out until the snow melted, so that was an excellent plan. When M finally did come home, she punched him in the head with her ring on and made him bleed. She is awesome. Last night K had a nightmare that M's wife was chasing us in her car. THAT is how crazy she is....she is giving OTHER men nightmares!!! Poor K. At least we got away!

No comments: