Monday, February 02, 2009

The Black Hole

So, K's truck broke down - for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. Last time it cost him $250, this time it's $1700. That is in addition to the $2800 he spent 3 weeks ago getting all new tires. Officially, it is now costing him money to work. Between truck payments, fuel, and maintenance he hasn't made any money in at least the last 2 months.

As much as I love him and want to help him, I have officially cut him off money-wise. I am trying to buy a house and I really need to save up for that. Plus, no amount of money is ever going to be enough. His truck and his house (and his mother) are black holes. Pouring tons of money into them for the last 3 years has acheived nothing.

He is, rightfully, miserable tonight. He is angry and scared and probably sad. I wish he was home so I could hug him and make him feel a little better, but that is all I can do. He is about to learn some very hard lessons and things are not going to be easy for a very long while. It definitely scares me too, but all I can do is take care of things on my end. I need to buy a house and he knows that, he knows that is the most important thing right now. So basically all I can do is sit here and watch him struggle. It sucks, but what else is there to do??

No comments: