Monday, February 16, 2009

Damn Lies

So, I was going through my receipts to get things together for my taxes and I found a receipt that was not mine. It was for ciggarettes and beer from a store just around the corner from here. It is dated October 23, 2008 and the beer line says "Heineken 24oz $4.99." So I'm guessing that is like a 6 pack or something?? I dunno. What I do know is that this receipt means that on October 23rd, K went to a store, bought beer, drank it and threw out the cans or bottles without me knowing. Where was I? Sleeping maybe? Did he drink it in my car?? This was before I bought the new car so the old car wasn't even "his" yet. The whole thing is making me sick. I mentioned it to him and he just laughed, but it is REALLY bothering me. Does he do this EVERY time he comes home?? What else is happening behind my back?? I mean if he just goes out while I am sleeping, he could be going anywhere! He could be gone all night and I would never know. Maybe he didn't drink those beers alone. Maybe he was gone for hours. What else is there that I don't know?? I want to make a big deal about this and hash it all out but I know that it can't be done over the phone. I just wish I could go 6 months without discovering some secret he is keeping from me. It makes me wonder what secrets I'm not discovering and what I will uncover next month. Like I said, it is making me nuts. Everyone tells me how much he loves me and how he talks about me when I'm not around, but this distrust is starting to stack up and soon it will topple over on top of us.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

While I think you should talk to him about this and that it bothers you, the Heineken listed was a single (larger) can. I don't think you can buy a six pack of Heineken for $5.

You can't assume the worst from a receipt that shows he bought a beer in your town. My dad always says that when my mother hears hoofbeats she thinks zebras and not horses, although zebras are highly unlikely. Try to focus on what you know until you know more.

CJ said...

Yeah, it's less about the beer and more about the secrecy. Why not say to me "I'm going out to get a beer. I'll be right back."?? I mean, I wouldn't be happy about it and I would make him sleep in the other room - but obviously he was sleeping in another room anyway or I would've known he was gone - ya know? So it's just a lie for the sake of lying and I hate that.

TheRealDookie said...

I was going to say this, but Tiff beat me to it, that that was for one 24 oz bottle, the equivalent of two (regular) beers.

I read this fast, but what was his lie? Or is it just that he went out and affirmatively didn't tell you? Maybe he didnt want to wake you up.

Also, did you hear about the Buffalo beheading? Not a great week for our Queen City.

CJ said...

Yeah, it is about him not telling me. I mean, if he cheats on me it's a lie even if I don't ask him everyday "have you cheated on me today?" I shouldn't have to wake up in the morning everyday and say "did you happen to take my car to go buy beer last night? did you order a hooker last night? did you take money from my purse last night?"
He tells me EVERYTHING, so anything he leaves out is on purpose. And it's that malicious intent that makes it a lie.

Anonymous said...

And, for what reason can't your man enjoy the equivalent of two beers? If you're asleep, and he's up, and wants a few drinks, what is the issue? Am I missing something? This doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

CJ said...

Yes. You are missing A LOT of history there. I don't mind if he has 1 or 2 beers as long as he doesn't come into my bed afterwards. But again, the big deal is the secrecy. There are 2 options here - either he drank the beer elsewhere and then drove MY CAR back home. Or he drank the beer at home and went somewhere else to throw the can away, specifically so I wouldn't know.