Sunday, May 22, 2005

Big Day!

Well, tomorrow I start my big job in the city! I am more than a bit nervous and anxious, because essentially it will be a 10 week interview, but I am also excited...this is what my entire academic career has been leading up to and I can't wait to really sink my teeth in. But before I get too consumed by the future, let's talk about the past! The past 4 days to be exact.

Tiffany and I ventured to Raliegh, North Carolina for a National Lawyers Guild conference. We went a day early to see Missy, which was just fabulous. We got to explore Raleigh and Chapel Hill while we were there. Chapel Hill is by far the most confusing town I have ever been in! At 1st we thought the NLG people were smoking crack because they gave us terrible directions, but we decided that it's probably just because nothing in that town makes any sense at all! We went to a fabulous art museum in Chapel Hill and a great festival in downtown Raleigh called "Artsplosure." If I was rich I would have bought a truckload of pottery! We ended our trip with a fabulous dinner at a gorgeous Italian cafe in Raleigh. Our ride home was quick and painless and Nemo is doing quite well indeed.

Now that I am home I am trying my best to relax and get ready for the coming week by watching everything I taped while we were gone! No, I don't have Tivo! Remember, I am still poor! I just watched the finale of the Apprentice and I am so glad that Kendra won! To be honest, she wasn't my favorite overall, but I could not stand Tana. But the biggest shocker of the finale was Tana's new face! There was some definite plastic surgery there, I barely recognized her until she spoke! What is up with that? I guess the Mary Kay just wasn't doin' enough for her these days! I am so jealous of Kendra's assignment...the Palm Beach Mansion?!?! That is awesome! I would take that job at no salary, just pay my living expenses Mr. Trump!

Anyhoo, back to reality, well not just yet, as I continue to catch up on missed TV! But, tomorrow morning at 6am there will be more than enough reality for me as I begin my 2 hour commute to work! Good grief! Well, wish me luck!

No comments: