Friday, May 13, 2005

Holy Mc-Hiking Batman!!!

So, Tiffany tried to kill me today...but I will not be so easily defeated! No! I have made it thru the process of natural selection for a reason! I am quite durable.

Anyhoo, the day began with an adventure in windshield wiper maintenance in the Walmart parking lot. After we achieved success in that realm, we drove about an hour to the North of here where we were to go hiking. Tiffany had found a park with a 3.5 mile trail leading to a waterfall. So there & back would be 7 miles, no problem for us! We are crazy walkers! (By the way, donate to my 60 walk: www.tinyurl.com/5gaks don't 4get!) Okay, so after that shameless plug I will continue with my story...

Well, this was the HARDEST 7 miles of our lives! Well, my life at least. I think Tiffany pretended it was hard for her so I wouldn't feel so fat & lazy! The trail was rated "easy to moderate" by a SADISTIC PSYCHOPATH! It was WAY moderate! We scaled rocks and almost fell into ravines thanks to railings that weren't actually attached to anything, and we were almost attacked by 4 dogs!! But, the important thing is we survived. The waterfall actually was very beautiful and there were a lot of pretty sights along the way, the best part is that you cannot drive to any of it so only people brave (or stupid) enuff to hike the trail have seen these things and that makes me feel cool. We took lots of pictures too, which was good but not really necessary since we will NEVER forget it!

I felt bad at the end because I got very tired and weak and whiny and I knew I was annoying Tiffany & holding her back, but I just couldn't help it because I started to get scared that if one of us fell or something we wouldn't be able to get back...if you are barely able to walk on sturdy feet, walking on a twisted ankle will be impossible! But, like I said, we made it back to the car, reasonably unharmed (although Tiffany had been attacked by a few twigs and we both felt the rath of MANY spiderwebs). It took us over 4 hours! At the end I was GROSS. Sunscreen, covered withh bugspray, covered with mud, covered with buckets of sweat! So, I of course stripped naked and changed (and rung out!!) my clothes in the parking lot, which made Tiffany laugh because we were not alone! There was a couple in a BMW who had just pulled up & they were lacing up their hiking boots as I was changing my clothes! Little does Tiffany know that my boobs are on so many videotapes it hardly matters! I'm sure the BMW couple has seen them before! Tee hee.

But the best part of the day was that, when we got home, Tiffany's husband took us out to dinner (I think because he was grateful that it was me & not him on this crazy venture! LOL). Food is always my greatest motivator, so it was a great present.

But regardless, I am glad we went. It's not something I EVER would have done on my own, I would have turned back when we had to climb that 1st rock! Plus, we did survive and it does feel good to survive something that was so hard for me. And of course, I love bonding with my monkey! She thinks I will not love her anymore for taking me on crazy adventures, but she will not get rid of me that easily! I will stalk her for eternity, even if she moves to New Zealand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm conflicted. Is four hours of hell worth the chance to see a pair of breasts?

Anonymous said...

that is a great story!!! please don't take anymore adventures where tiffany is going to try to kill you before your road trip to raleigh!!! can't wait to see you!!!