Thursday, February 23, 2006

Awake

Today was an unbelievable day. I haven't done an ounce of homework. If I could do one of those "locked" type friends-only things that they do on live journal, I would write all about it, but I can't...so oh well.

I will say this tho...I am really so glad to have all of you in my life. "You" being the people that I know read this regularly...or irregularly, whatever. And I wonder sometimes how or why you put up with me. I can be the most ridiculous person, can't I? My ego couldn't be any bigger if it was on steroids. I am sarcastic, cynical, loud, petty, and immature. Actually, I remember that for one of my birthdays (probably my 16th) 2 of my friends gave me the same keychain, it was green and it said something like "I'm lazy, immature, obnoxious, and loud....but I'm fun!" How true is that? Well, maybe not the lazy part...and maybe not the fun part anymore!! Haha! And I mean, not that I'm offended...simply that I realize that putting up with me could be a challenge. And I really appreciate that all of you make the effort. And I hope you know that.

And I hope you know that when I say you are always welcome in my home, I really mean it. That any of you, my friends, can show up at my door anytime day or night, and I will let you in with no questions asked. And I hope that you know that your happiness, health, and safety are more important to me than even our friendship...and that if I think I can do something that might help you I will do it, even if I think it could mean losing you. So you don't have to worry that I won't say what I mean or that I say things behind your back...because I always want you to know the truth no matter what the consequences are. I don't do the "fake" thing. I am me, 100% all the time. Our friendship is not an act, and if I ever lose it, I will feel it & it will matter. And if we lose touch, it will never be too late to call me again. Never feel like it's been too long to go back...because waiting longer never fixes anything. I believe that family is who you choose to love, who you choose to bring into your life...not who you are born to. And you are my family, you know who you are. And you can never wear out your welcome. And I will never forget how lucky I am to have each of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so funny you say that… b/c you know that thing you sent me… I wrote something VERY similar on it! =o) so weird! I think you know what I’m talking about but if you don’t let me know!

CJ said...

I really hope that doesn't mean that you told them I was lazy, loud, obnoxious, & immature!!! I think we should let that be a surprise to them! ;-) LOL

CJ said...

You already are...

Maybe I will start calling you Sleepy Monkey??

Anonymous said...

sorry i ruined your surprise!! =oD

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm not sure what's going on here, but (((cj))).

Hahaha - I remember that keychain!! And you're still fun as far as I'm concerned. I am so glad that we reconnected after losing touch after high school. <3 you schmoe!