Friday, August 18, 2006

Week One

Okay, so the 1st week is over. I am SOOOOO tired. Honestly, it was a pretty good week. I got some stuff accomplished. My co-clerk annoys me a bit...but mostly in the normal ways that co-workers annoy me. Like how he tells me what to do & then he's wrong & so I end up doing the wrong thing for 3 hours and wasting my time! Or he corrects things that he thinks are grammar mistakes that are actually correct, ya know? But over all, as jobs go, I think this is probably a good one. I think once I've been there a little while I'll have a lot of freedom, which is good. It doesn't seem like it will be too overwhelming. The best part is that there aren't really deadlines for anything, I mean, who's gonna tell a judge to hurry up? Of course I have to work at a decent speed, but the pressure isn't crazy. This week I did 2 Summary Judgment motions, a remand order and an order granting a time extension. The summary judgments haven't been posted yet, I still need to judge to read them over, but I got the outcome right on both of them so that's good.

But still, it is a job. So I do get bored - especially after lunch! Maybe once my caseload gets a little heavier I won't be so bored, but still the end of the day will always feel like its just dragging on! Today my Judge took me out to lunch, so I thought that would break it up a bit more - not so much. But, this is life! And I'm a part of it!

The good news is: NO HOMEWORK!!! So I actually have the weekend off!! Sunday morning I may go to Disney for a bit & ride a few rides with a friend & then in the afternoon K is gonna be here...so that is cool! The only problem is, that means I have to clean this place up by Sunday! So, I'm off to do that now. Hope everyone had a fab week!!!

No comments: