Friday, December 29, 2006

So, this Xmas was...

weird. Yeah, for sure. This is the 1st year that my 'rents are separated. Now, of course this is a good thing. An Xmas without my father has long been my dream, and that was great! The best part is that he still sent me money! LOL But, things with the extended fam are very strange. First is all the weirdness about my cousin's still born. And then my grandparents seem to be mad at my mom for "leaving" my dad. Too weird. So, Xmas night was bizarre. Very uncomfortable. I am SO glad I chose to have K come here for New Years rather than meet me up there for Xmas. (BTW, he will be here in about 2 hrs!) My mom's new apartment is very nice, and with all our old furniture I was instantly comfortable there. And my mom has done a very nice job decorating. The apartment buildings aren't the best, but I think its the inside that matters, ya know? I did feel kinda bad that my apartment is nicer. I mean, I have a laundry room, and the buildings are newer, and I live on the 1st floor. But, still this is her 1st place on her own, and I think its great. My mom, however, is not totally comfortable yet. She wont even walk around barefoot yet. It's very strange - like she feels like its a hotel. But, anyway, I guess the whole thing could have gone much worse. Overall there were no big dramas. My dad told my sister that he would like to see me - no thanks. I thought about going over there and telling him exactly what I think of him, but I held back. I'll take his money though, no question. I've earned it. He then sent me a text message the day I was leaving, telling me to have a good new yrs and a safe trip "love dad." Whatever. I didn't answer. K says no answer is better than a "Fuck You" so I held back. Seeing his name on my phone always makes me a little bit sick inside, ya know?

Anyway, there was one kinda funny story. Every year my gramma gives everyone boxes of sponge candy (If you don't know what that is, google it, I think it's a northern thing). So, this year she gave me & my sister ours on Xmas eve. Apparently, after we left, she got a hankering for some candy of her own. So, she opened up my uncle's box, took a piece, and then taped the box back up. Well, when she bit into the candy she found it to be stale. So on Xmas night, she corners my sis and I and tells us this story and asks us if ours was okay. It was fine. But the best part is that....she gave my uncle the candy anyway! Well, she had to. If she told him it was stale he would know she tasted it! And if he didn't get any, he would be suspicious, because everyone always gets some! So, my uncle had put out the box of stale sponge candy on the dessert table! LOL My sister and I thought this was all pretty funny....my mom just thinks my gramma is a crazy old bitch! Either way, at least I got me some quality candy all to myself! Yum!!

2 comments:

Mac2713 said...

Hey-
I don't know who you are, I just know we went to HS together b/c of Katie O- So, surgery went well... I've decided to start my blog.
Here's the link...
http://mac2713-definemyself.blogspot.com/
Feel free to comment. Times are tough these days, sorry for my reality. Hoping for a better 2007. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I love sponge candy. My family gives it to people, too. Mmmmm.