Saturday, November 17, 2007

Priorities People!

I read an article the other day about a lawyer who is in trouble for bribing people at the Dept. of Corrections to get his clients moved to a prison with air conditioning. That's right. This is Florida. And there are prisons WITHOUT air conditioning!!!!! Excuse me??? Of course, the article wasn't about that. Nope, not one tiny shred of shock about that fact. Instead it was about this horrible lawyer who is pulling strings for people who can pay him $7500. He uses excuses to get the moved - like "he wants to take computer classes." So, the article writer was pissed that a Dentist got moved to the prison with a/c because he couldn't possibly NEED computer classes, and he was taking a spot from someone without $7500 who could have benefitted from those classes. I agree, it isn't fair. But maybe we could solve this corruption by adding air conditioning!!!!! I mean, this is the craziest thing I have ever heard! Florida people! EVERYTHING is air conditioned!!!!! I just don't get how the journalist writing this article was completely unphased by this.

No comments: