Thursday, November 08, 2007

Stuff

Things have been busy! Ever since I got back from ATL I have been going non-stop...but FINALLY I am caught up! Nice.

So...anyway...last weekend was good. The wedding was very nice & very different. The thing that struck me most was how much the people there really loved my friend L (the bride). I'm not sure I could gather a room of people who feel that way about me...but it was actually tangible. They were so happy for her and so proud. It was really nice. Her father gave a really nice speech that began with him talking about the day he fell in love with his daughter (the day she came home from the hospital). It was really wonderful to here a man talk about his daughter like that. Certainly, my father would never do the same. So, I left there feeling very happy for her, not just because she got married but because of the entire clan of fans she had there. It was really nice.

I also got to visit K's brother S....who is one of the few relatives of K's that I respect & get along with. We had a very nice time. He has a FABULOUS house in midtown, and he is doing very well. It was funny because he was warning me about K's mom - things I already know, but it was cute that he cared enough to warn me!

Other than that, life is peachy. K and I are doing well...despite the stress of money and the job hunt. We are making plans to go to a wedding in December, so that will be a fun little adventure. Also, we found out that our class reunion will be in July, so we are looking forward to that - even though we feel so old!!!!

So, now that I am back to my normal life, hopefully I will have something witty to post soon!!

No comments: