Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dangerously Tame

As most of you know, my Monkey came to visit me last weekend!!! We had a fabulous time! She got here thursday at around 11am and left Sunday evening. We did a perfect amount of adventuring, eating and being lazy on my couch! It was a really great visit, and I wanted to write about it sooner but I was in trial the last 2 days. So, here is the long awaited summary!

On Thursday I picked her up from the train station (Yes, she took a train. She is a little crazy!) and we went straight to my apartment to drop off her stuff. Then we had a very yummy lunch at Tijuana Flats and then a lovely journey through the botanical gardens! We saw lots of flowers as well as butterflies, ducks, turtles, birds and lizards! We also saw a sign that warned us that alligators may be present and we should not feed or touch them as it may make them "dangerously tame". We loved that sign and it became our theme for the weekend! After that we went home and took much needed naps on the fabulous new couch! Then we came back downtown and had dinner at the new brick-oven pizza place and walked around the lake, where we saw swans and ducks and strange people.

Friday I had to work for a few hours in the morning which was perfect because Monkey slept until 10 because she was still recovering from the train! After I came home, I changed into adventure clothes and we went to Animal Kingdom! FABULOUS! We did pretty much everything there is to do and saw way too many animals to list! We even ate lunch at rainforest cafe! I had a great time riding the rollercoaster and the dinosaur ride with her because it was all new to her so she was genuinely scared (in a good way). Really a great day! We got rained on at the end, but that was fine, because we were just leaving anyway. We came home, took showers & mini-naps and then had dinner at Crispers.

Saturday we went to the Merrit Island Wildlife Refuge and the Canaveral National Seashore. We saw more birds and lizards and a BABY ALLIGATOR!!!!! So cute. We also saw more strange people. Unfortunately we got chased off the beach by storms, but still a pretty good day. I know we wnet to Steak & Shake for lunch after that, but I can't remember what we did after that! (Monkey will, I'm sure.) At night we walked around the plaza by my house some and got ice cream at Marble Slab.

Sunday we went for breakfast at Perkins and then spent the afternoon at the Art Museum. That was really cool. The featured exhibit was William Joyce, who is a great children's book illustrator and does the drawings for Rollie Pollie Ollie. His stuff was really cool. There were also a lot of local artists featured and just some really cool things. It was a great way to spend the afternoon, and the rain came while we were inside this time! Haha! Then we went shopping in downtown winter park and had lunch at a restaurant down there. I think we finished up that day shopping at Florida Mall, I got shoes & jewelry for my reunion (but maybe that was saturday? I dunno I am getting old).

So that is the story! It was a great weekend and i have lots of pix on my computer at home, so I will put some up on here later & the rest on facebook or myspace. Probably not until tomorrow though because I have plans tonite! I hope you all had a great weekend too - although it couldn't possibly compare to mine!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We went to Winter Park and looked at expensive clothes! That's what we both are having trouble remembering--I went back and looked at my blog and realized that I hadn't written that either.

I had so much fun, and I'm so glad that I got to visit with you!

CJ said...

Oh, see we must've blocked out looking at things we can't afford! LOL