Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mission: Reunion Dress

Last night I went shopping with three friends from work (JS, CS and MH) to find a dress to wear to my 10-year reunion. We had a blast!

I wanted something not too fancy, that made me look skinny, and cost less than $100. We started a JCPenney. I tried on like 20 dresses and bought one: $39.99 and looked great! I only had one small reservation about it, so I decided that we would keep looking just in case. After dinner at CPK, we wentto Macy's. I tried on dresses ranging from $70 to $150, but we all agreed the dress I already had was better than any of them. I just needed a better bra.

I spent the next half hour with my 3 friends staring at my boobs from all angles, and taking turns pushing them together. It was hilarious. The lady working there tried to help, but she was a tad bit annoying. See, my one boob is MUCH bigger than the other. Probably a whole cup size. So it's pretty impossible to get them to look completely even. I accept that. But the Macy's lady kept blaming the dress. It is NOT the dress, it's the boob. Trust me.

We eventually narrowed it down to two bras. How to decide? One was $53.00, the other was $9.99. Seriously, I will NOT pay more for the bra than I did for the dress. So, I took the cheap one and we left the mall after it closed! LOL (Of course, this meant I had frantic voicemails and texts from my mom, my sister and K all wondering if I was dead because it was 10pm and I wasn't home yet!)

The dress is black and white, so we decided I should get some colorful accessories to go with it. The girls say red, mom says yellow and T says turquoise. I am thinking pink. ;-) I'll look around and decide eventually.

The best thing about last night was really determining which styles looked good on me. Oddly it ended up being the opposite of what I expected. So that was really neat...it was like my own personal makeover team!

So, anyway...lots of fun was had by all. Tomorrow will be a FABULOUS day because my monkey is coming to visit!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! So, you may not hear from me until next week.

No comments: