Monday, June 09, 2008

What A Week!!!!

Well, the fam is leaving today. We had QUITE a week! Mostly it was fabulous. And the biggest news: my sister is OFFICIALLY a Florida resident!!!! We got her driver's license today! She is hoping to go to grad school at either FSU or UF. Very exciting!!!

So, I won't bore you with all the stories, just the run down. My sister and I did Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios (f/k/a Disney/MGM Studios). It was soooooo hot we spent everyday drenched in sweat! But we are so amazing that we managed to do everything we wanted to do at Magic Kingdom in like three hours...and then we just hung out and did some stuff we'd never done before. Animal Kingdom was equally successful and included lunch at Rainforest Cafe. On Friday, we did the Studios and it was PACKED!!!! We got to ride the new toy story ride TWICE...the first time we waited in line for 80 minutes!!!! That is the longest we have ever waited for a ride...but it was all indoors so it was air conditioned & we really didn't have anything else we needed to do. The ride was a LOT of fun...it was more of a game than a ride, but it was great & I can't wait to go back and play more!!

On Saturday, my mom went with us to see the Postsecret exhibit in Melbourne. It was okay...a lot of the secrets I had seen already, and apparently I am the slowest reader in my family, so at the end I kinda just gave up and went to join them. The coolest thing was that they showed both sides of some post cards that had writing on both sides, and so that was cool. After the exhibit we had a FABULOUS lunch at a local restaurant we just happened upon, and then we went for a walk on the beach.

Yesterday was the party at my judge's house - my "goodbye" party. It went pretty well. My judge gave me a great present - a leather-bound version of the book Scottsboro.

I also got to see my caricature, which will go on the wall in chambers for all time. It was better than a feared, but still kinda scary! I have a HUGE smile, but I don't look fat, so that is good. Plus my nose is like barely visible, rather than huge like I feared. I guess it's fine. People say it looks like me - but I don't see it at all!

My judge said some very nice things about me, and my family said he was crying when I gave my goodbye "speech" - which was more of a rambling than a speech!

So, anyway, everything went pretty well!!! Now I am ready to sleep it all off!!

No comments: