Saturday, June 28, 2008

Nervous

In one week I am going "home" and in 2 weeks I am going to my ten-year high school reunion. I am excited, but also nervous. The part I am most nervous about is K's ex-girlfriend (E) being there. I guess I am just apprehensive about all 3 of us being in the same room at the same time. I am afraid that K will treat me differently in front of her. I'm afraid at seeing how he treats her. I doubt she will start a fight with me or anything, but I know she is going to try to come between us. I know she will try to interrupt us and pull him away from me. On the one hand I want to tell him my fears, but I don't want him putting on an act because of what I say ahead of time. I want to see how he behaves naturally, I want to know how he really feels in his heart when he sees the two of us at the same time. I hate the fact that I am so insecure when it comes to her, but how else am I supposed to feel? They were together for 8 years, and she is clearly still interested in him. He says he has no feelings left for her, but he also won't just drop her. I dunno. I am just nervous about it all. Plus there is the fact that he plans on drinking that night, so he can't come home with me, so I will have to worry that he might go home with her. On the one hand I think, no, that is ridiculous. But on the other hand it seems completely plausible...even unavoidable. He is gonna be drunk, he always wants to have sex, she wants to break us up - am I stupid to think for a single second that he won't sleep with her that night?? I feel like even if I stay as long as he does and drive him back to his truck, or wherever he is gonna sleep that night, I won't know what will happen next. She could show up after I leave. But, I guess that could happen anytime, right? Ugh. Do these fears EVER go away??? I hate myself when I feel this way.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Haha. Thanks schmoe! I would MUCH prefer that he went home with you! LOL Except that you would never be able to sleep with him snoring like a grizzly bear in your bathroom!