Friday, July 25, 2008

Left Out

This is kinda odd...but lately there have been several events involving the people I work with that I have not been invited to, or invited to, but as like an afterthought. I'm not really "hurt" by this, but it is just strange, because it is so out of the blue. I'm not sure if it is intentional, or if people are just forgetting about me? I have no idea. Generally when something is going on, an email is sent to what you may call "the usual suspects". Hardly ever do people get left out, because you can usually just hit "reply all" to the email - ya know? But in the past week, there was one thing I was not invited to AT ALL, and two things where the invite was forwarded to just me later on. Of course, these are just the things I know about. It is very possible that there are 100 things I have been excluded from, but I was just completely in the dark.

Last night I found out about the thing I wasn't invited to at all. Today someone asks me if I am going to it and I said "No, I wasn't invited." She said "Well, you weren't not invited. N sent an email to some of us and told us to forward it to all the clerks because she didn't have everyone's email." I said "Well, nobody forwarded it to me." I mean, even if N wanted me to go, and really didn't know my email (which is completely plausible), it's obvious that nobody else cared to tell me about it. So I WAS not invited. I mean, it's not an event I really care to go to, but still, it is just another thing, ya know?

It makes me sad because I have been thinking lately about how I will miss the friends I have made here - and now I am forced to wonder if I really HAVE made friends here. I guess time will tell.

2 comments:

TheRealDookie said...

CJ, I'm really sorry to hear that. I had/have the exact same concerns and aggravation about some of my friends at my last job. I've come to realize that "out of sight, out of mind," really is almost an unconditional truth for most people. Rest assured, though, that I will be thinking of you even when you move out of town!

CJ said...

Thanks RD! I know you will! You are a true buddy!!