Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Rest of My Vacation

Okay, so I did spend a whole week in Buffalo before my reunion, and that was fun too! Unfortunately, I got this head cold on Monday, so I was kinda sickly all week. But still, we did okay.

When I got there it was the 4th of July, so after my plane landed I took a nap and then went out with my sister. We went to my BFF's new apartment for some snacks & non-alcoholic beverages. She made us very yummy drinks with sparkling cider & strawberries. Schmoe met us there and then the 3 of us went to the river to claim a spot to watch fireworks. Two of my sister's friends met us there, and eventually so did BFF, her boy, our friend N and his g/f and her son. We had a good time, though all the walking and hauling blankets and coolers was very tiring and my broken toe hurt a LOT! (Sister says it was not broken but it WAS!)

The next day we went to see Wall-E which was sooooo cute! I highly recommend it.

We also had a good number of nice meals out together (me, mom & sis) and did some shopping and sight seeing around town. Oh also, my sister locked her keys in the car at the marina, and we had to call AAA. That was an adventure. Too bad K wasn't in town yet or he could have broken in for us!!! (Can't you just picture it? "No officer, those white ladies ASKED me to break into their car. I swear!!" LOL)

I spent some quality time with BFF and her b/f on wednesday night, which is always great. I also got to catch up with a friend I haven't seen in 10 years, but who wasn't in my class (so not at the reunion).

K showed up on Friday night and we went to see Hancock. Saturday I took him to get his haircut and then I went and got my hair done by my friend Lisa, so I got to catch up with her some. Saturday night was the reunion and sunday I left!! So that was the vacay in a nutshell!!

No comments: