Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yes I Did!

Yep, that's right bitches, I got up close and personal with the one & only Barry O today. And by "up close" I mean as close as I was when I took this picture. And by "personal" I mean that I probably flashed him when I used my shirt to wipe the massive amounts of sweat from my forehead. That's okay, of course, because my boobs are awesome and I'm sure he didn't mind.

I am EXHAUSTED and totally sunburned. My scalp is sunburned. I put sunscreen on, but probably sweated it off in the first hour. The line was INSANE! Worse than super soap weekend at disney. But the crowd was awesome, and it was so great to see so many people in this little podunk town in western florida supporting Obama to this extent. The crowd was SO diverse - old and young, white and black, men and women. Really, it was great. There were only a handful of protestors...seriously like 5 people with McCain signs and one guy with an anti-abortion sign. That's it. I was surprised, I expected there to be more Anti-Obama people than Pro-Obama. I am really glad I went. It was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity and it made me more hopeful about the election. Unfortunately, it also made me a lobster.

1 comment:

Mr. Parson said...

This is the benefit of living in a swing state. I'm hoping to catch our friend Barry at one of the 456 trips he makes to Ohio in the next 40 days.

Get some aloe for that burn, or some lemon and butter!