Saturday, September 20, 2008

Yuck.

When I was a kid I used to believe that I was born with a cold that never went away. Being allergic to everything, that was pretty much true. Eventually, though, I got control of the perpetual cold. Until about 3 months ago, when my allergy medicine was taken away from me. See, I had been on Zyrtec-D for about 5 years. Now, Zyrtec is available OTC, but Zyrtec-D is not available at all anymore. And, yes, there IS a difference. So, basically, the medicine I had come to depend on was just taken away from me with little notice and no options.

I was doing okay, really, until moving day. Then my allergies returned with a vengeance. The day we moved my eyes were so bad I could barely see & my nose was bleeding. We hoped it was an extraordinary reaction to extraordinary circumstances - lots of dust & cleaning products. Unfortunately, my "attack" has lasted two full weeks. By yesterday I was barely breathing. It was awful. Because yesterday was the first day I didn't have a house guest, I was able to fully drug myself. I took benedryl and  slept all day, and today I felt a bit better. The problem is, I just don't know what I will do when I start work. I can't take benedryl...I will be a zombie! Honestly, all the OTC allergy meds either knock me out or have no effect. So, once my new health insurance starts I will need to find a new doc ASAP and see what can be done. Until then, I will be sniffling like a coke addict and carrying around a box of kleenex. Yeah, I'm hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope your feeling better!

CJ said...

Not really, I think I have been through 4 boxes of kleenex in a week!