Saturday, December 20, 2008

So much...

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. Last weekend was awful. K got here friday night and I was so happy to have him here, work had been very stressful all week and all I wanted to do was lie on the couch with him and just relax. No dice. My boss called me on my way home friday night and told me I would be working all weekend - and he meant it. All night friday and eleven hours each on saturday and sunday. Not only did that mean no quality time with K, it also meant that my boss would be sending me nasty emails all weekend. By noon on sunday I felt like I was on the verge of being fired. I cried so much last sunday, and K was so sweet to take care of me. He was really wonderful all weekend. This past week wasn't too bad actually. I really laid it all out for my boss and said that he really needs to decide whether he thinks I'm awesome or terrible. I can't live with the back-and-forth crap and the fear of being fired all the time. Since then it's been better. Really, he wasn't mean to me at all this week. So that was nice.

Yesterday, though, was a great day. I got to take on my very first pro bono case - and it could NOT be more perfect for me. I will be suing cops for shooting a 19 year-old kid in the back. THIS is what I am meant to do, and I can't wait to kick some pig's ass. I know this will be a hard case. It's in the Florida panhandle, which s basically southern Alabama. They hate black kids and love cops. Plus, the state of the law is such that proving excessive force is next to impossible. But I am gonna try damn hard, and I am going to love it.

No comments: