Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Yeah, so I guess I'm a little lonely...

I just got an email from one of my friends in Orlando, and it made me cry. It wasn't even a sappy email, I just miss her so much.

I know I felt this way when I moved to Orlando from Athens too. And, obviously, I made some wonderful friends eventually. The same friends that I am missing now.

Unfortunately, I think this time it will be harder to make friends. In Orlando at least I had a "class of clerks" that I was part of. Here, I am the only one in my class. Plus, there is just not a lot of free time to do fun things like Bachelor Nights or big lunches or even happy hours.

I am trying though. On Friday I am going to lunch with a girl named Lauren who works at another firm in my building. I met her in september at a continuing education class I took. She is really nice, although she seems a little, um, milder than me. Although, who isn't - right? So, anyway, she may become a friend.

But still, I miss Orlando so much it hurts sometimes. Not just the people, but even the places. I just miss it all.

No comments: