Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Beginning of the End

I have my 1st exam of this last semester today. It starts at 1:30pm. I'm at skool already. Sitting on the patio since about 10am, playing online, listening to music & pretending to study. I'm wishing there was a little more sun & that it was a little warmer...but I'm okay. Every once in a while it's raining pollen...gotta love Georgia, right? Yeah.

I think I'll wander downtown at noon & grab some lunch before the test. I'm thinking Roly Poly. I've been listening to music on my computer and I've noticed that when I listen to iTunes on my laptop rather than my iPod, the music does this cool little fade in - fade out thing, so that the next song starts before the previous one is finished. Get it? It's kinda cool. I don't think I would've noticed it if my iPod did the same thing...so it must only do that on the computer. I wonder why.

Anyway, I'm feeling particularly me today. I really like my outfit and I'm psyched to get this exam over. Plus I'm proud of myself for getting up early & coming here early...even if I'm not really studying. It's been peaceful and I feel like I should soak up as much of campus & downtown as possible before I move. I did the same thing before I graduated from undergrad...I would go sit out on the breezeway and just take it all in...it gives you those little extra memories to take with you.

I feel like I should crank out a few poems while I'm in this headspace, but the words aren't as pretty as I want them to be. Knowing me I'll start sketching them during my exam! LOL As long as I put them on scrap paper & not on the actual exam I think that will be okay.

Anyway....after today I have a take home exam (I think I'll do either Thursday or over the weekend), a short objective test on Friday afternoon, and my last exam is at 9am on the 10th...which I think is a wednesday. Then that's it. I close the book on this chapter & start a new one. As I was walking in today I could feel the weight of the last 3 years on my soul. I feel taller and braver now, a little wiser and more weathered, and seeing my reflection in the doors of the school, I was satisfied with what I've become. Proud to be me, in this shell and with these scars. Everything just feels very balanced. Yeah....it's a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=o)