Thursday, May 10, 2007

Customer Service

So, I have been dealing with one of the most horrendous lawyers I have ever encountered for the past 2 months or so. She is so stupid I can hardly believe she made it out of high school, much less college and law school. She is also incredibly unprofessional and very lucky that we have not sanctioned her yet. Today was the kicker. I actually had to talk to her on the phone!

She calls the clerk's office and demands to speak to "someone in chambers." So, they pawn her off on me. She's terribly upset because her motion for reconsideration was denied for 2 reasons: (1) her response to the motion was late and (2) said response was meritless and irrelevant. She wants me to explain reason #1 to her. I tell her "No, I cannot comment on the Judge's Orders." She says she doesn't want me to, she just wants me to tell her why her response was late. I said "Read the rules, read the orders, look at a calendar. I'm not sure what you want from me." She continues to argue with me. I'm thinking "What? Does she want me to teach her how to count?" I keep telling her that there is nothing more I can do for her, I cannot explain the rules or the orders. She is STILL arguing with me. Finally, I told her how completely inappropriate and unprofessional it was for an attorney to call chambers and ask a Judge's staff these kinds of questions. FINALLY she apologizes and hangs up. Honestly, my best advice to her is to go back to her law school, demand a refund, and start a new career. Although, preferrably not as a math teacher as she seems to have some problems with the counting.

No comments: