Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Fam

So, I've been at my parents' house for about 5 days now, and truly, that's quite enough. Especially because I already have my xmas presents, so really there is no point. For anyone who is out of the loop: my parents are still married, still live in the same house, but haven't spoken to each other in 11 months. Yes, it is ridiculous, I know. Too immature to make up with each other or get a divorce, this is the story of my life.

So, today my mom's brother & his wife came to dinner. But, since my parents don't talk to each other, my mom never told my dad they were coming. So, he found out from my sister about 2 hours before they got here, and then yelled at my sister for not telling him sooner. Then my mom yelled at my sister because she had left my dad a note, and my dad should have read it, and since she won't yell at my dad about it, she yells at my sister. Then my sister cried. Then my dad came home and my aunt & uncle came over, and I wonder if they noticed that my parents didn't speak to each other all night.

Honestly, this is all just so insane I can't take it! Either get a divorce or have a fucking conversation! They honestly see nothing wrong with attempting to place the burden of their marriage on my sister...making her responsible for their communication. And, while my father is the bigger ass, both of them share the blame equally when it comes to this communication thing. But I can't say anything to either of them because they just yell at me and will never listen or change or grow up. Fortunately, I have detached myself enough that I see it all as just a bad sitcom or something. But my sister still really internalizes it all and it is not good for her. For what they have done to her, I hate them. Both of them. I have been asking Santa for my parents to get a divorce since I was 5 years old. All I ever got was an Easy-Bake Oven.

No comments: