Monday, December 26, 2005

X-mas: Survived

Okay so the "festivities" are over. I am alive, barely. For those of you that know me, I will say this: I had the conversation with my father. The big one. I will give details in person/on the phone later.

Christmas Eve was fine. The grandparents came here for dinner...at 3pm!!! Old people are crazy. They gave us each $100 which was very nice. No fighting. Some gossip tho: My uncle's ex-wife has a 22 year-old b/f. Her son told my uncle "I'm not allowed to tell you his age b/c he's half as old as mommy." LOL How cute is that?? I'm not surprised, they are likely on the same intellectual & emotional level, so it is probably perfect. I just wonder what his parents think!!

Christmas day was a whole other story. It was the day of the big talk. Plus, my mom stayed home to pout while the rest of us went to my uncle's house. Where everyone asked about her & me & my sister had to lie (badly) about why she wasn't there. The evening sucked: bad food & two obnoxious, disgusting dogs. Plus, crappy presents. We were happy to get back to my parents house! (Which is really saying something.)

My favorite gift was from my sister: the 1st season of Roseanne on DVD. We usually do the best with gifts for each other. We went shopping today and I got some GREAT deals at NY & Co. which is my favorite store! I got the jean skirt I've been wanting for like 6 months! It was on sale for $19.99 and, best of all, I fit into a size 10! (Which I celebrated with chocolate! LOL)

Anyhoo, I hope everyone else survived the holidays unscathed. I will head back to my real home on the 4th at which point I will become a much more pleasant individual!

1 comment:

Mr. Parson said...

I too survived the Christmas trip.

Even though you and I where celebrating Kwanza this year I figured I'd include the other religions too, but alas, I burned down the Christmas Tree while trying to light the Menorah, probably because I was light headed from not eating all day because of Ramadan.