Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Second Quarter

Tomorrow I will be twenty-six. It’s hard to believe. When people ask how old I am my 1st instinct is still “Seventeen.” I don’t know why, but that seems to be my default age. Maybe it’s because that’s when I was prettiest, or because I felt so free to be me at that age, I don’t know. But when I think of myself, that’s the year I go back to.

But honestly, my 17th year wasn’t so great. I mean, I guess I had a lot of fun, but I was stuck in a horrible relationship and I didn’t value myself at all. I had a horrible relationship with my family, and really no ambition whatsoever. Honestly, this past year, my 25th, has probably been the best so far. Hopefully I will be able to recognize that more easily in the future. And hopefully, each year of my life will get better and better.

As for celebrating my birthday, I haven’t really been big on that since high school. Last year Sever & his g/f Sally took me out to dinner. I love both of them tons, so it was a really great way to celebrate. The meal wasn’t anything special, but it’s not about that…it’s about the company. We went to Uno’s and the waiter had to ID Sever because he wanted to drink. But before Sever handed over his license, the waiter said, “Hang on. I’m gonna guess your name, I’m really good at that.” Well, Sever and I laughed so hard I think I pulled a muscle. When the guy finally looked at the ID he said “Well, I never would have guessed a verb!” LOL It was a pretty fun night.

The year before that I was on a plane, coming back to GA from spring break. So that wasn’t much fun at all.

Tomorrow, though, should be a pretty good day. I am off of school for spring break. I am going for a massage at 2:30 (after All My Children of course!), and then at night I am going to dinner with my monkeys! Could there be a better way to celebrate? I don’t think so.

My family sent me gifts, which arrived on Friday. My mom gave me money, because she knows I don’t want anything else to pack up & move! Oh, she also made me brownies! They are quite yummy…but don’t worry, I’m pacing myself! My dad sent me an Eeyore blanket and an Eeyore cell phone case. He also sent me pictures of him with W at the White House….which made me sick!!!! Why on earth would he think I would want that??? But, the best gift was from my sister! She got me the 1st season of ALF on DVD!!!!! How awesome is that?? I can’t wait to start watching.

Well, anyway, off I go to continue aging. The next time I write I will be older (well, I guess that’s always true, but you know what I mean). Overall, I’m pretty proud of what I’ve done with the first 25 years of this life. Here’s to the next 25!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ! !

=o)