Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Behind Closed Doors

I think that was one of my mother's favorite sayings when I was growing up: "You never know what goes on behind closed doors." Everytime there was an unexpected divorce or some sweet kid down the street was arrested, whatever. She loved reminding me that I didn't know people as well as I thought I did. I suppose it was a good lesson to learn.

In the past week there has been a story about a woman who killed her husband. It happened in Tennessee and he was a minister. From what I have heard, she shot him once at close range while he was sitting on their bed, and then took their three kids and drove off. I forget where she went, but they found her like the next day or so & she was arrested. Everyon is shocked! He was a minister, why would she do that? He was so sweet and kind and nobody would ever expect...

However, there was an interesting statement by the police that they "know" what her motive was but aren't saying. Well, here's my guess: He was molesting his daughters.

Everyone is so sure that this woman is just crazy. They talk about how amazing it is that his parents seem to have forgiven her & they want her home, etc. Apparently it hasn't occurred to anybody that the bastard may have deserved it....or at least that she had some reason for what she did besides pure psychosis.

It seems to me that if her motive is so clear cut that police feel they "know" what it is, then it must be a pretty damn good motive! Hasn't this country learned yet that just because a man preaches about God doesn't mean he is a saint?? In fact, it's people that are seen as so good & pious that are best able to get away with their crimes. Nobody would ever suspect them of beating their wives or abusing their children, they'er just such "nice guys"!

Well, I say, give this woman some damn credit! Let's just wait a bit for the trial & see what comes out. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling this wasn't the act of a deranged woman.

No comments: