Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Half Over.

Yeah, so I finished the "FL Portion" of the FL Bar today. I am forbidden from disclosing the substance of the questions, so I will be intentionally vague. I will say this though: the 2 topics I dreaded most were NOT on the exam!!! This was very exciting except for the fact that I spent SO much time cramming on those subjects that I forgot almost everything about all the other subjects that I knew back in May & June. Oh well, you win some...

I did decide one thing though: there should be some sort of Darwinian "weed out" process that begins as soon as you enter the convention center. Here are some examples:

1. We all received several emails telling us when to get there, what to bring, and what not to bring. If you show up late, forget to bring something, or show up with prohibited items - you automatically fail the bar and have to come back in February.

2. We have to stand in line to sign in. Each line is designated with a particular section of the alphabet. You find the sign indicating the section of the alphabet that your name is in & stand in that line. If you are too dumb to know either the alphabet or your last name & get all the way to the front before discovering you are in the wrong line - you fail the bar. A trap door will open below you and you will disappear.

3. You have been a member of the human race for at least 23 years. The bar exam consists of large group of people in a confined space for several hours. If you show up (a) without deodorant or (b) covered in obnoxious perfume or cologne - you fail the bar. The rest of us are allowed to set you on fire just to watch you burn.

I think provisions such as these would be beneficial to all of us. Those of us who have evolved to acceptable levels have fewer to compete with and those who will be grading exams will have less to do. I see this as a win-win situation. I think, if I pass the bar, I will propose these suggestions at the next meeting of bar examiners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to make an excellent lawyer.