Friday, December 15, 2006

The Value of Life

I know I've written about this before....but it's come up again. And I just have to say these things.

1. When a crack head gets eaten by an alligator, I don't care. He was a crack head, he was smoking crack, and shit happens when you smoke crack. Sometimes you wander into a swamp and get attacked by an alligator. Sometimes you lose an arm or a leg, you may even die. That's called Darwinian selection. I have no sympathy. And nobody should jump in & wrestle the alligator to save his stupid ass. Society will do just fine with one less crack head. I just hope the alligator doesn't choke on the glass pipe in his pocket.

2. When people go out in the middle of winter and climb mountains that they have been warned to stay off of and then get lost, I don't care. Nobody should have to go rescue them. They knew what they were doing was dangerous and stupid. Nobody made them do it, nobody was even paying them to do it. Why do innocent, less stupid people have to risk their lives to save these people? You take the risk, you suffer the consequences. You were warned. You are adults. You can read. Society should not have to pay for your stupidity. Again, Darwin. The end.

I know, these people have families who love them, etc. But if you love your family then you take care of yourself so you can be there for your family. You don't smoke crack. You don't do stupid risky shit for no apparent reason. And if you do, you suffer the consequences. And, as much as it sucks, so does your family. But why do other people's families have to suffer? Why do their loved ones have to risk their lives to go out and save your sorry ass? We need rescuers to save victims...not to save dumb asses. We need them to save people hit by drunk drivers, to help the sick, children and the elderly. To help in disasters. We should not be wasting our human resources saving people who put themselves in harm's way for fun.

So if I have to hear about those morons in Oregon for ONE MORE DAY on the morning news shows, I think I may become violent. I know this wasn't the cheeriest post....but seriously, I'm about to lose my mind with this crap!

No comments: