Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Worst Revenge Is Proving Them Right

Just like any other workplace, mine has its own drama. One such drama includes a sort of feud between a friend of mine JS, and her co-worker B. It just so happens that B is friends with the secretary in my office, TW. So JS and B hate each, B bitches to TW, now TW hates JS and tells me that she doesn't trust her and "gets a bad vibe" from her. Last week TW and I had this conversation:

TW: Are you good friends with JS?
Me: Yeah, pretty good, why?
TW: Well, just do me a favor and don't mention my name to her.
Me: Ok.....why? Did something happen?
TW: No, I just don't get a good vibe from her, and I don't know how close you two are, but I don't want you telling her anything about me.
Me: Ok, well it's not something you need to worry about.

So, I thought this conversation was kinda weird and out of the blue, but whatever. Today I went to lunch with JS and she asked how TW and I were getting along, and I said "Well, I'm not allowed to talk to you about her actually. Haha." So, I tell JS the story. Well, JS flips the fuck out...but in this silent facial expression way that she does. She says "I am so mad right now. I really wanna go to TW and confront her about this." WTF? I was like "Please, dont do that. TW will just be mad at me and my life for the next year will be hell." But JS keeps saying she wants to talk to TW and how mad she is and blah blah blah.

I think JS totally overreacted, and pretty much proved TW right, ya know? I understand her being upset, but it was almost like she was gonna take it out on me. To be honest, I'm still not sure what JS is gonna do and it's making me nervous. And now I feel like I don't want to tell JS things anymore, about me or TW or anyone else, ya know? I know she's not a bad person, but the trust is kinda shaky right now. I dunno, just needed to vent about that.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Would you even have thought to talk about TW with JS if she (TW) hadn't said anything to you? Saying "Don't tell her anything about me" is almost guaranteeing that you will have something to say about her!

This is why I prefer to be oblivious to people and just talk about myself.