Monday, January 21, 2008

Hazardous Relationships

For the past couple of weeks I have been a bit worried about my health. I've been having dizzy spells out of nowhere and my hands have been tingling, almost like they are falling asleep. Both of these symptoms could indicate neurological problems or circulation problems - yuck. So last night I had a mini-breakdown. K and I were talking about all the things it could be, and whether I should go to the doctor, etc. He was trying to make me feel better, and saying that I should just start paying attention to when it happens and what those times have in common, and go from there. Well, while we are talking I realized something. My hand and arm were tingling and feeling very tiring - and it just happened to be the hand I was holding the phone with. Yep. That's right. The tingling is a result of holding a phone all day long. I hold the phone at work & at home, the only time I have a headset is when I am driving, which is only like an hour a day. And K and I spend about 8 hrs a day on the phone! Ugh. This is almost as embarrassing as TSS from forgetting to take out your tampon! So, today I bought a headset thingy to plug into my house phone and I haven't had any tingling at all day! I am relieved and happy - although a bit red in the face. ;-)

No comments: